Monday, June 16, 2014

Lost In A Book

One summer, so long ago, I had an entire three months to spend my days simply reading. Even as it was happening, it felt like a rich treat. I spent that summer, at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, soaking up book after book. The very first day there, I turned a corner, opened a gate.....and suddenly came upon the most beautiful gardens with winding, serpentine walls. It was literally magical....










Every summer since, I think back upon that time and how peaceful and enchanting it was. This summer I'm excited to start reading The Fever by Megan Abbott. It is due to be released tomorrow and my book club chose it as our June selection. Reviews have been amazing. I have not been this excited about a new novel in quite some time!



No comments:

Post a Comment