Monday, August 19, 2013

An Early Start to Autumn

Fingerless gloves are my favorite late summer project. I so look forward to the breezy, cooler days ahead....and fingerless gloves are so cute on a cool autumn evening. I love the yarn that arrived from the UK. I ordered a beautiful skein from The Fibre Tree on Etsy and it may be the softest yarn I've ever worked with. This past weekend, I combined it with one of my favorites, a beautiful mohair from Shibui. The result....fingerless gloves that are super cozy and exactly the texture I hoped!

Pattern: For these gloves, working both yarns together, I cast on 25 stitches on size 10.5 US needles. I knit 5 rows in knit stitch to give the gloves a bit of edging. I then alternated knit one row/purl one row until I reached approx. 9 inches in total length. I then finished with 5 rows of knit stitch to complete the glove. I seamed up the side leaving a thumb opening. I knit very slow....each glove took me about 3 hours. Perfect weekend project idea....happy knitting!





No comments:

Post a Comment