Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Two Loves

Years ago, I made jewelry for a few very hip and lovely downtown boutiques. I loved this experience....designing, creating and sharing ideas. I found the art of knitting to be equally as rewarding and it fit easier into my lifestyle once I had children. I could take my work with me everywhere, projects could be left out with no choking danger that was my constant jewelry worry and I still sold pieces both online and in boutiques. 

Whatever I was creating, the constant was that I loved hearing from customers regarding who they were buying my pieces for...hats for triplets for a holiday card, jewelry for a boyfriend traveling to see his girlfriend (and placing his order two days before he needed it!) as well as my work being used on a few episodes of The Young and The Restless.

Today I came across a wonderful Etsy shop called Yarn Yoda, located in California, that sells great stitch markers. The artist created this set of  markers using labradorite....my very favorite stone to create jewelry with. I love labradorite's luminosity...it's just magical.  Happy Knitting! xo


 


No comments:

Post a Comment