Monday, July 1, 2013

Hitting the Lake

All I want for a week is to sit by the lake, knit a bit and read! Lake Placid is my very favorite vacation spot. I love walking everywhere, no need to even look at the car....and just relaxing. Mirror Lake Inn is amazing...cozy and right on the water....everything is just a stepping stone away. Lake Placid has hosted both the 1932 & 1980 Olympics...both the inn and the town have so much history.

Front walk up to Mirror Lake Inn.


The dock at the Inn. You can fish, swim, boat...the kids can even order peanut butter & jelly sandwiches and chips. Completely laid back.

I'm bringing with me three books...."The Yonahlossee  Riding
 Camp For Girls", "Sisterland" and "The Shining Girls". All newly published...reviews for all three have been great. I'm half way through "Yonahlossee" now....love it. "The Shining Girls" looks a bit spooky....terrific NPR review.


No comments:

Post a Comment