Monday, July 22, 2013

Knitting Afternoons

There are so many great books newly published that I haven't been knitting very much. I just finished Sisterland by Curtis Sittenfield and now I am reading The Silent Wife by A.S.A. Harrison. The Silent Wife is a great read with a similar format to Gone Girl. The story is told through "him" and "her" with each character telling their perspective. This is the author's first book and sadly she passed away right before it was released. It is a great, smartly written novel....reviews have been terrific.

It's cooler this week here! I'm not a humidity girl and all that near 90 degrees keeps me inside. But the hot spell has broken and I am starting to peek around for new yarn for fingerless gloves. I'm addicted to Yarnarchy on Etsy. Etsy just launched a new look and I love it! Streamlined, great photo lay out...it's really fresh and inviting! I found this fantastic worsted wool yarn in the Yarnarchy shop. It's a bit thick thin....the color is Spring Chicken. Love the warm variation throughout....sort'of butterscotchy and sweet. Happy Knitting! xo








No comments:

Post a Comment