Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Summer Retreats

I love a perfect spot outside to read. It may be my favorite thing about summer. Whether at home or traveling, I always hunt out a quiet area. We go to Lake Placid every July and it's breezy and tucked in the mountains and ideal for a blanket & a good book. Home of both the 1932 and the 1980 Olympics, this tiny town is the coziest place to visit. You can bike or walk anywhere with no need to even glance at your car.


Love these cheery plaid blankets from Pendleton! So classic...

Every summer I have a good list set up of warm weather reading. I love having it planned out. I'm still reading "The House at Riverton"  and next I'm on to "Rules of Civility." Nothing though outshines "Pride and Prejudice" which I could re-read a million times....

I love this....and use it every day! "Mr. Darcy Proposal Mug" from Brookish on Etsy.



No comments:

Post a Comment