Monday, June 24, 2013

The Lure of a Good Book....

I spend lots of time scouring over reading lists. I love reading reviews of much anticipated books that are due out for release....especially those from first time authors. I purchased two books this past weekend on my Kindle. One is from a new author and the other I've read once before.

The Yonahlossee Riding Camp for Girls is on recommended reading lists everywhere! First time author Anton DiSclafani is enjoying amazing reviews of this work about The Great Depression, a wealthy Southern teen's turmoil at home that lands her at boarding school and the angst of the time she lives in. I cannot wait to start it later today.




I also purchased Sisterland by Curtis Sittenfield. I loved American Wife so I'm very excited about Sittenfield's new novel (release date tomorrow, June 25th) about two sisters who share the ability of ESP and have very different thoughts on whether their gift should be disclosed.

I just finished The House at Riverton. Great read by Kate Morton. I was worried that I would not enjoy it as much as The Forgotten Garden but it was equally as amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment