Thursday, May 2, 2013

New Day

The weather here has been beautiful and sunny after a rather chilly, snowy start to our spring! I've been decorating our front porch with new planters and cushions. Last year I bought a great outdoor area rug from Ballard Designs and I love it. We have pretty perennials blooming around our front tree....it's such a fresh & colorful time.


I've been trying to eat better this spring as well. More than any other time of the year, I find spring a great reminder to eat fresh and local. I've cut out a lot of processed food and sodium and feel so much better. I love raw, unsalted almonds and have started snacking on them regularly. So many health benefits for your heart and skin. They reduce spikes in your blood sugar and almonds regulate your blood pressure because they are high in potassium.



Lastly, I can't get my mind off the new tote I saw on Lex & Lynne.
This Vintage Julia Burlap Tote is just so unique. I love the knitted leather detailing along the sides and the straps are great....you can custom select your own color. So great for spring & summer outings! xo



No comments:

Post a Comment