Monday, March 25, 2013

Pixie Dust

I love combining yarns...working with two favorite yarns at once to make something completely different and unique. When I am teaching knitting, new students are amazed at how you can add the thinnest kid mohair to a chunky, bulky yarn and a new look emerges. I feel like it makes anyone's yarn stash open to endless possibility. I've been writing about my addiction to Knit Collage Sister Yarn. I am excited to mix it with their Pixie Dust yarn. I love all the colors but especially the Midnight and Mango Glitter. The entire grouping is a mix of mohair, wool and pixie dust for a bit of sparkle. I live in upstate New York...about a six hour drive from Purl Soho in Manhattan. I constantly think it would be a great weekend adventure to go check out their Broome Street store. 

 Last week at class, I taught one woman to fringe her first scarf. I brought in some of my yarns in mohair, angora and a boucle to mix into her black wool. I save every leftover yarn I have for fringing. I love mixing all the textures together. A local yarn store once had a coffee table that held all the left over yarns from their classes. You could sit forever and peek through looking for tiny pieces to add to a scarf you were fringing. I loved that more than anything. You could always find a little something unique to grab at no charge and in return, leave some yarn left from your latest project. I'm thinking of having a yarn swap at an upcoming class for just this purpose. What's your favorite yarn ever? I'd love to hear...Happy Knitting! xo


mango glitter


midnight
Lion 73099 Knitting Needles 14 (Google Affiliate Ad)

No comments:

Post a Comment