Monday, March 4, 2013

What To Do?

I have recently begun teaching  "Hip Knitting Classes" and it has been so much fun. I've been concentrating on teaching beginners new and easy projects that they will be excited to wear. Being quite cold here, we've been working on cowls, infinity scarves and fingerless gloves. My students are both kids (in my Mom & Me class) as well as adults. I've brought in lots of yarn to give everyone a small idea of the endless and beautiful options available. We've been using a lot of super bulky because it knits up quick (perfect for immediate gratification!) and chunky cowls are so popular right now. My favorite from my stash is this Colinette Point Five. I purchased this unique yarn from a company overseas in Wales. Sadly, I only ordered two skeins (approx 55 yds. each) and now I'm not certain what would be the ideal project to do with it. It's such a great thick/thin, 100% wool super bulky and the contrasting colors are so amazingly rich. It's soft, cozy and hand painted...truly luxurious! I am thinking a great cowl but wishing I had ordered another skein prior to it being unavailable......Did I mention that in class I stress to always purchase enough to complete your project???!



Clover 71195 Bamboo Circular Knitting Needle 29 in. -Size 11 (Google Affiliate Ad)

No comments:

Post a Comment