Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Coffee & Knitting

There are days when I want to clear my schedule and just sink into a cozy corner, with an endless cup of coffee & knit. There were thunderstorms here last night & this afternoon is looking to be overcast....and I am just starting a new project with Cascade Magnum yarn. This super bulky is absolutely one of my favorites. A super soft Peruvian Highland Wool...I picked out a great warm, spicy orange color. I'm making a chunky, over sized ribbed cowl on 19US/15mm wooden circular needles from Knitters Pride. I think it will be great with jeans and ballet flats. What are you knitting? xo


Keurig K-Cup 18-Pk. Gloria Jean's Butter Toffee Coffee (Google Affiliate Ad)




4 comments:

  1. Beautiful color! I am knitting a lace-type scarf for a friend who can't wear wool. With that being said; I must admit that I do not like knitting with anything but thick bulky yarn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gina! I come back to bulky yarns regardless of the season too. They just feel so cozy & luxurious! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE the color too!! Although I am hoping to begin a GAP-tastic Cowl for my next project (rather ambitious for me!), I just ran across a bunch of Colinette Point 5 in a fun popsicle color that I had stashed away years ago....might have to figure something out for that first (keep in mind I am basically a novice)!! Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Courtney...I love Colinette Point 5!! What yarn & color are you thinking of using for the Gap-tastic cowl? xo

    ReplyDelete