Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Fresh Dinner Idea

Tonight was one of those rare nights where I wasn't rushing. I've had a recipe stuck in my head for a shrimp pasta with lemon. Well...I was short on shrimp this evening but had crab so this is what I adapted from that fresh sounding idea.

Spicy Pasta with Crab, Lemon, Shallots & Parsley

Bring a pot of water to boil. Generously salt water. Put in 3/4 pound thin spaghetti and cook until al dente (slightly firm).

While your pasta cooks, in a sauce pan, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil. I had on hand a bit of garlic infused oil so I added a few drops of that as well. Add 12 ounces of flaked imitation crab, the juice of two lemons, one thinly sliced shallot, one garlic clove finely chopped, a sprinkle of red pepper flakes, 1/2 cup of white wine (I used a Pinot Grigio), salt and pepper. Saute until hot.

When your pasta is cooked and fully drained, return it to the pot. Pour in your crab mixture and toss. Add to the tossed pasta two tablespoons of butter and a 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese and stir. I topped each dish with fresh chopped Italian Parsley, a squeeze of lemon juice and additional shredded Parmesan cheese. 







No comments:

Post a Comment