Sunday, April 21, 2013

Weekend at Home

This past weekend has had me caught up in knitting & books. I've been alternating between the two. I just finished a great seamless cowl from Knit 1 LA...the New Years Cowl. It took exactly one skein of Cascade Magnum yarn. I knit it just a tad larger than the pattern called for. I wanted it extra slouchy so I cast on 44 stitches onto circular needles. I believe the instructions call for 40. Love this site & this pattern is my favorite!


I had been completely addicted to reading the new memoir "Wave" by Sonali Deraniyagala. It tells of the tragic day after Christmas when she was vacationing in Sri Lanka with her husband, two sons and her parents and the tsunami struck. Her honest, deeply profound telling of this story is breathtaking. Her transformation throughout the grief process leaves the you spellbound as she slowly emerges from her nearly catatonic state and starts revisiting the life she lost. 



NOOK Simple Touch with GlowLight BNRV350 (Google Affiliate Ad)

No comments:

Post a Comment